Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Blond Moment

We were very disappointed when we moved the furniture out of Zander's room to make room for the new furniture to find that the carpet had darkened all across one side of the room. It was a huge area. It looked like water damage, but we couldn't find any sign of water damage. Summers even pulled up part of the carpet to check out the flooring underneath and everything appeared to be fine. We decided that it made sense to go ahead and put down a new floor before moving all of the furniture into his room.
Keep in mind that this is about 3:00 on Sunday afternoon. The flooring still needs to be purchased, furniture moved to Mom's, flooring put down and then furniture moved into the room. After all of that, I would still have to organize all of Zander's clothes that are now in laundry baskets.
Mom, Zander and myself go to Lowes to pick out the new flooring while Dad and Summers go to move furniture to Mom's. We are looking at all of the types of floor and have almost made a final decision when my phone rings. It is Summers and Dad. Dad said that there was not anything wrong with the carpet. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had vacuumed, and looked at the carpet several times. It was ruined. He went on to say that there was a light bulb out that was casting a shadow from the ceiling fan onto the carpet making it look like a stain. He promised me that the stain on the carpet moved when he moved the ceiling fan.
Well, needless to say, I felt like and idiot and I had just wasted a big portion of our day for a shadow. On the up side, most of the furniture is in place. We still have to put together the bunk beds and at some point I have to paint the room. Pictures will follow soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so enjoyed that! Glad you didn't have to replace the floors. What were you going to put in place of the carpet?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had decided on some type of laminate. I am so glad that we didn't have to do it yet.

    ReplyDelete