Monday, June 04, 2007

Ugly Words



Boy, 3 year olds are a challenge. Where did my sweet child go? He has only been 3 for 2 weeks and he has already changed. He is really experimenting with the power of words. He knows which words are nice and which are not. So, the rule is, you can stay in here with us and use nice words or you can go in your room and say the ugly hurtful words.

Until this weekend, he had not taken me up on that. Saturday, he felt the need to tell me to shut up. I reminded him of the rule. He went and sat right inside his room. I started hearing, "shut up, shut up". Well, the shut ups continued to get louder and when I didn't respond, I heard, "stupid, gosh, God, Oh my gosh, stupid". He waited a few seconds and then he said, "I'm finished" and he came out. It was hard not to laugh. You could just imagine what he was thinking.

We had a nice weekend. Summers is out of work for those of you that don't know. He has a second interview today with a company that actually has benefits. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment