Thursday, February 21, 2008

Africa

Zander's class is studying Africa and Kenya this week. Mrs. Brown has been showing them pictures from Africa and the people that live there. He told me last night that they read a book and a little boy had a necklace on his bottom and he didn't have on any pants. We talked about the differences living here in America and living in Africa. When we got to school this morning, I was telling Mrs. Brown what Zander had told me and she said, "Guess what he did at circle time?" I just held my breath wondering what he had said now. She said that he stood up and said, "Now listening guys, you are African Americans and I am a Caucasian American. I am pretty sure that Kaden is too." She said that all of the teachers about fell out laughing. I don't even know where he heard that word, but he used it correctly.
His other new favorite word is antioxident. We have been talking about what kinds of foods are healthy choices and which ones have antioxidents. He has had a good time helping me pick out foods at the grocery store. He ate almost a whole container of blueberries at dinner tonight. I hope it doesn't upset his tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment