Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ouch!!!

I talked with Summers on my way home from picking up Zander at daycare and he said that he was picking up his tools and he would be home soon. I proceeded to drive 20 minutes, get home, fix supper, eat supper and realize that he is still not home. I cleaned up Zander and called Summers to see what his delay is. He said that he would be home in about 20 minutes, that he had cut his hand a little and had stopped to get some peroxide. Oh well, I thought, he cuts his hands alot so I didn't give it a second thought. When he got home, I realized that he had fallen on a board with nails sticking out of it. He had hammered the sharp part of the nails back through the boards so that no one would step on them. When he fell, the heads of the nails went into his hand. I will spare you the gory details, but needless to say we needed to go to the hospital. By this time it was time for Zander to go to bed. I called Tracy and couldn't find her, so I called Vicki and Alana. As always, they were ready and willing to help out. We took Zander over and he stayed with them until we got home. At the ER they took Xrays and irrigated the wounds. They left them open in hopes that they will not get infected. He will have to take antibiotics for a week. He got really lucky. His hand is not broken, though very swollen and there doesn't seem to be any tendon damage.
On a lighter note, this morning as I was getting ready in the bathroom, I heard Zander yell, "Mom, I need my scissors!" I couldn't imagine why he needed scissors because he was supposed to be playing basketball. When I got into the living room, he was standing on something and had the net of his basketball goal in his hand. I said, "What do you need scissors for?" He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "So I can cut the nets down, I won the championship." Very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment