Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tears for a ram


I think that I am still in shock over the recent loss to Georgetown on Sunday, however that feeling has been replaced by the sadness that I feel for Jason Ray's family. On Friday night after halftime of the game, we learned that Jason Ray (wears the costume of Rameses) had been hit by a car and was in critical condition. He had been walking back from a convenience store before the game. I just kept thinking about the Michigan game the week before. It was Zander's first game and he loved Rameses. He didn't take his eyes off of him between plays. He had been the mascot for 3 years and was getting ready to graduate in May of this year. He had a job lined up and was ready to start his adult life. I can't imagine as a parent getting that phone call. I only hope that Jason and his family knew how much joy he brought to everyone at the games. He will be greatly missed. I will think of him each time I see Rameses from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment